Today was diagnosed stage IV ovarian cancer

Lynnie
New Contributor

Today was diagnosed stage IV ovarian cancer

Just feel like I've received my death sentence..after nearly 5 years of surgical removal of ovarian cancer tumours I have been diagnosed with stage IV Ovarian cancer and am being urged to under go a strong chemo treatment. my cancer is so rare that there are no cases in South Australia. Granulosa cell tumour stromel sex cell. I wish to make contact with anyone that can help me to understand what lies ahead in regard to chemo that I may have starting next month. My inhibin reading at the moment is 57 and I have 3 cancer sites in the peritoneal area. just had blood taken to see if the inhibin has risen ( takes about 3 weeks to get the results) and due for a CT scan on the 11th Feb. I thought I was strong but am feeling pretty low today. Never felt like this before. just need a support base in Australia as I've been a member of the American Community support group for the past 2 years. Please let me know that I'm not alone!!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
The_Rowan
Contributor

Re: Today was diagnosed stage IV ovarian cancer

Hello Lynnie, Firstly, welcome to the website. I'm sorry to hear the circumstances that have drawn you to us. They are a wonderful bunch here....ready to offer advise, support, or just listen whilst you get thing off your chest. If you are interested, you can join various group that are more specific to your condition. There is one for gynaecological cancers that may interest you. We have an online chat session each month (usually on the 1st Monday of the month) and the next chat is scheduled for the 4th February (you have to be a member of the group to access the link to the chat). Good luck with your treatment, and I hope you find the care and support you need to help you through this phase of you life. The Rowan
0 Kudos
Lynnie
New Contributor

Hi The Rowan, Thanks for the comment..much appreciated! I am awaiting acceptance to join the Gynaecological support group..so hopefully I can then chat to others that are going thru chemo. Hope to chat to you and others soon. I feel the shock is wearing off as the day goes by..accepting the diagnosis was shattering. Lynnie
0 Kudos
The_Rowan
Contributor

I'm glad you have applied to join the Gynocological group. They are a great group of ladies. I know of at least one member who is currently receiving chemo, and there are quite a few who have gone through the treatment and are out the other side of it. If you do make it to the chat session on he 4th Feb at 7pm Eastern Standard Time (I can never remember whether SA is 30 minutes or a full hour in front or behind), I am sure that the ladies will be able to give you some insights. I hope tomorrow brings a better day for you. Take care, The Rowan
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.