Welcome new group members

Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

Welcome new group members

Hello and welcome to this brand new concept..... an online social group specific for young adults affected by cancer! My name is Nikki and I am the facilitator of this group. This means I will manage things like adding new events to our events calendar, sending the group info, answer your questions or find you the best person to talk to if I can't help etc... We have lots of ideas for this Group's content... things like a 'Live Chat' area we can talk to each other in real time / a 'YAC Newsletter' you can sign up for and receive all the latest news / a 'Lets meet Up' link where YACs can express interest in meeting other YACs in there local area face to face for a cuppa / closed 'Online Support Groups' that you can join and will be facilitated by CC Support Staff in a fun and safe atmosphere / a 'YAC Resources and Info' link with things like statistics, media news, YAC services etc. But really this group is for you and shaped by you. So if you have any suggestions, ideas or feedback, I would love to hear... just post them up in the 'Your Thoughts & Ideas' conversation link or if you want the suggestion to remain anonymous, please send me a private message. So if this all sounds helpful and you want to become a member, please join us, as the more YACs that get involved the quicker we can end the isolation that is often felt when going through this alone at such a young age when life is meant to be about living! I have set up a conversation link called 'Introductions' where you can introduce yourself to the group. For those of you who may find writing something in an online group like this a little daunting, I have set out some simple Q & As that might help get the ball rolling. Looking forward to connecting with you all :) Nikki
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.