fruit juice anyone?

Stacey
Occasional Contributor

Re: fruit juice anyone?

Hi I am having chemo and have found that drinking the lemon barley cordial does help immensely. cheers Stacey
0 Kudos
gabrielle2106
Occasional Contributor

I had 18 weeks of chemo, the only thing i could drink was soda water with a slice of lemon or lime...i 'needed' cold foods and drinks and the soda water seemed much colder than normal water. The lemon and lime slices gave just enough taste to make it palatable...good luck..
0 Kudos
Gordienne
Not applicable

My husband uses Biotene Mouthwash (he didn't like that brand of Moisturizing Mouth Spray though) & Nilstat Oral Drops. These 2 products have kept the dry mouth manageable. Except he recently discovered that the preservative in dried fruit does give him mouth ulcers and upsets this balance.
0 Kudos
gabrielle2106
Occasional Contributor

I avoid chemicals, i thought if i can stick to the most natural things i will be better off. The soda water and lemon slice, cold fresh fruit and frozen fresh juice suited my purpose. I breezed through 18 weeks of taxotere that way
0 Kudos
MissRen
Contributor

Hi everyone, During chemo I find rinsing my mouth with a clove rinse ( 10 clove buds squashed with a mortar and pestle and then added to 2L of filtered water)helped with the metalic taste in my mouth. I also drink chlorophyll once a day with a glass of water. The chlorophyll is somewhat viscous and this helps with the act of drinking. I drink a lot of water, green tea and wine everynow and again, Lately I have been having monster cravings for carrots of all things. It could've been anything, but carrots?? I figured my body is craving the vitamins in carrots and I went out and bought a big bag. I was told that ginger ale helps with nausea but I evertime I drank it I felt like someome was blowing me up with helium and I would bloated for days. On the other hand a small slice of ginger in weak black tea worked well.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.