Bowel Cancer

Raymondo1947
New Contributor

Bowel Cancer

My wife has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and has an operation next week but at this time I am being used as a punchbag. Nothing I do is right we had a fairly volatile marriage before this happened and I am trying so hard not to lose my rag with her but she shouts screams and seears at me. She critiques everyone  her best friend. If she sends a text and she doesn’t get a response straight away it’s a big problem. She loses it with me every couple of days. I talk to her quietly and try to make her see sense but then I get accused of trying to control her. 

Today I made a joke with her and said would you be happier to divorce me ? It was a joke but not one I perhaps should have said. She is one angry lady. I don’t know how much more I can take. I am really trying to be her best friend and husband. I send her electronic cards every day m. I have been to every appointment with her and sorted her surgeon out and hospital for the operation helped with the date. Organised a holiday before and after. Am I the mean one? I have even said to her that I really understand what she is going through. And I do get it. Tell me what else I can do ? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Raymondo1947
New Contributor

Re: Bowel Cancer

I see a couple of typos 

she critises everyone including her best friend. And she shouts screams and swears at me. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.