Did it!!!!!

margro
Frequent Contributor

Did it!!!!!

Guess what?I made it!All 14k.Plus the extra 5k my son made me walk from where he parked the car!!!I made him walk back,get it and pick me up after the race! Thanks everyone for your support(although I think my arches need the support now!!!) Thanks again,Margro
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Jan
Occasional Contributor

Did it!!!!!

Congratulations. You should be very proud of yourself. That is a huge effort.  How long did it take you to get over the soreness and blisters, or were you tougher than you thought? Are you signing up for next year! Jan  
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Did it!!!!!

Hi Jan,thankyou. I surprised myself that I'm not still sore!Could hardly move on Monday but I got up and walked the clampett's at 6.30 yesterday and today(very slowly!).Not one single blister!Amazing when you think I only got my shoes last Wednesday...Ellie decided to add her own design to my ones I was going to wear! At this stage I am going to do it next year,planning on trying to run it.next challenge I've set myself.Probably fooling myself but this time last year I wouldn't have given myself much chance of walking it. Again,thanks for the support,Margaret
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Did it!!!!!

WOW...Congratulations!!! What a great effort. An Inspiration. Great mention in the Sun Herald too. Flying the Flag HIGH. I am sure Ellie -May and Jed were with you in spirit. Keep up the good work and thankyou for the enormous fund-raising effort. Please send me the photo of you crossing the line?Cheers,Helen
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Did it!!!!!

Thanks Helen, I don't think the photo is a good idea,thinking of putting it on the front door with a sign saying "this is the person inside",better than a burglar alarm!!! My next fundraising idea is a lot less physical! Margaret
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.