Hair growing back

debbru
Contributor

Hair growing back

My hair is starting to grow back & my scalp keeps getting hot, can someone explain why & what can I  do.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hair growing back

Hi Debbru,

Getting a hot or warm scalp is a very general symptom and could apply to many conditions.

For example:

• Warmth can be an indication of a rash or infection.
  • It could be contact dermatitis if you’re allergic or being irritated by something you’re using. E.g. creams, cleansers, soap, shampoos or conditioners. (Try something fragrance and sulfates free).
  • The scalp tends to get sore, hot or irritated before hair loss after chemotherapy. Due to inflammation.
  • Depending on age it could be an symptom of menopause
  • Hormonal changes in general
  • Side effects of medications

I believe going to your treating doctor or a dermatologist probably would be for the best, due the long list of possibilities - especially if you’re in discomfort.

But for now I suppose you should avoid direct sunlight exposure to the affect area, try not to wear anything too warm or wooly on the head, use a cold compress – try peppermint oil or aloe vera as they act as natural cooling agent, wash your hair regularly to avoid dirt or oil accumulations.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.