Introducing myself

Dani04
Occasional Visitor

Introducing myself

Originally diag with low grade glioma in temporal lobe in first week dec last year . Had a craniotomy to remove glioma in feb this year sent off to lab and molecular studies and results came back after 4 months and BANG now it was a grade 4 glioblastoma. Have done 6 weeks radio and oral chemo. This has changed my whole life i was a emergency nurse of 14 years one minute to not being able to drive or wk. 

currently on cycle 2 of chemo. 
interested to see if similar change in diag has happened to anyone else . 

1 REPLY 1
Maddi_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Re: Introducing myself

Hi Dani, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  It's a lot to come to terms with.  If there isn't anyone on this forum who has the same diagnosis, you could check out websites that specialize in in brain tumours.  If you live in Australia, the Cancer Council has a telephone support group, for people with a brain tumour, this is a link for some information - Support groups | Cancer Council, you can also call 13 11 20, they are open Monday to Friday 9-5.  If you live outside of Australia, you could speak to your medical team or search online for support groups, or forums that specialize in Brain Tumours.  Someone on this site, may also reply to you.  Good luck, I hope you find the support you are looking for. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.