Lung Cancer

Kim1

Lung Cancer

I have just had my right upper lobe removed after a surprise lung cancer diagnosis. I had complications and stayed in hospital two weeks. I now am waiting to see what happens with a small nodule on the left lung . 
It’s all just sinking in , my mental health has really suffered and I found being in hospital very anxiety provoking ( public health Alfred) . 
It was also really difficult coming home and being alone . 
I have been getting over pneumonia, feeling not too bad but still battling with my mental health 

I was already on anti depressants and have a counsellor so I am lucky . 
Luckily a couple of friends helped me out when I first came home but I haven’t heard from anyone in the last week , even my small family seem somewhat distant. 
I went on the cancer journey with my mother and I am fighting against those overarching feelings of doom . 
Has anyone had this operation or feel overwhelmed with hospital.? 
The waiting is also difficult and getting used to the stigma of being sick and lowering my expectations of people really understanding or knowing what to do . 
Im sending healing thoughts to everyone as I know there will be people with harder diagnosis than me . 
Kim 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.