New to Forum

bmindful
New Contributor

New to Forum

Hi!

I was recently diagnosed with bile duct cancer, caught early.  I had a Whipple surgery in April of 2022.  I will be starting Chemo in a couple of weeks.

Interested in connecting with others.  I am trying to be positive about chemo...I am concerned about side effects, like everyone.  🙂

I look forward to sharing and listening.

Chris

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
kristel70
Occasional Contributor

Re: New to Forum

hi chris, my name is Kristel.  I had a whipple in march also for a bile duct cancer and while I do not have to have chemo at this point, I am struggling with the effects of whipple. I have gastroperiasis, delayed gastric emptying which is causing me no end of nausea.  I feel for you re chemo I have had the thought many times wow I am not well enough to have chemo right now and am very lucky not to need it at this point. I cannot believe how much my life has changed and I cannot believe the anxiety stress that has resulted.  Today I rang PANCARE.   found them very knowledgable, actually the most knowledgeable person I have spoken to about whipple.  I am really quite stressed you get given the operation but then left to fend for yourself regards living with the side effects.  I'm not sure that my comments have helped you in anyway.  Just know that I am hearing you regards your fear of chemo and the side effects.  I wish I could write and tell you it all gets better but I am like you not at the stage yet either,  thinking of you

Kristel

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.