Melo24
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I’m just new to the community, just wanted to say hi and ask for some advice. 
For the last couple of months I’ve been trying to come to terms that my dad has cancer and that we might not have him for long. He has cancer in the mouth and oesophageas, and it’s in his lymph nodes also. He’s not having treatment, he is just having the meds to keep him comfortable as possible. 
I’m feeling so many emotions, very sad and emotional, but also guilty, and I don’t know why? I think one of the reasons is he’s in Victoria and I’m in nsw, also how do I ever feel happy again? I feel guilty if I laugh or feel like I’m having a good time. Because I know he and my mum aren’t having a good time, and I feel so bad. I don’t think I’m handling it all that well, I can’t talk about it with out crying, and even typing this I’m crying. 
Hopkng for some advice....

Thanks for listening 

2 REPLIES 2
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Newbie

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I wish him and your family to be strong. It's okay to laugh if you want to motivate yourself. Don't be guilty about it because It will lead you to a mental breakdown in the end. Just pray and pray and leave the rest to God.

Melo24
New Contributor

Re: Newbie

Thank you for your kind words, i will keep praying, thanks for your support 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.