Picture Your World Purple- Pancreatic Cancer Awareness

margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi guys, I'm thinking that by the end of the city to surf,my face will be the colour purple we are looking for!!!! Lavender is my favourite plant and smell and pretty close to purple? I have a lot of ideas for raising money and awareness but while they may seem like a good idea to me they may be totally dumb.Maybe we need a live chat to throw these ideas out there?
0 Kudos
Jan
Occasional Contributor

I would like to let everyone know of a course that the Cancer Council run each year. It is the Consumer Advocacy Training course. Having a colour and flower is a part of raising awareness. Part of the raising awareness is knowing how to lobby and advocate for change. This is to be held on April Friday 17 and Saturday 18 2009. This course gives a greater understanding of advocacy and lobbying. It would be great if a group could be formed to concertrate our efforts on Pancreatic Cancer and the the changes that need to happen. After a colour and flower we will need a name! Jan
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

hi jan...gotta be lavender(pls).let me know more about those dates and ,hopefully,i will be there....margro  
0 Kudos
Jan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Margo Information about the course will be Cancer Council publications or you can ring 131120 for more details. The US has the purple iris as their colour, sorry not lavender. The SPRING UP group has been using this iris with gold  (for Australia) highlights. It  is very striking. A look at the meanings of flowers shows lavender to mean devotion, happiness, success, luck and distrust. The iris meaning is faith, hope and wisdom. I think those 3 things represent our journey well and I shall be happy to use the iris, but with gold highlights. Keep smiling Jan    
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

sounds good to me!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.