Primary Breast Cancer PLUS Primary Bowel Cancer

Pamela64
Visitor

Primary Breast Cancer PLUS Primary Bowel Cancer

Hi All, I've been recently diagnosed with bowel cancer and with breast cancer also! Two primaries! Bizarre!

I've had a right hemicolectomy with lymph node removal, (diagnosed Stage III), on 9 November 2021, and a right side  mastectomy, (also diagnosed Stage III), on 29 December 2021, followed 2 weeks later with axillary lymph node removal to right armpit. I am leaving hospital today, managing drain at home with APAC nurse team daily visits. 

QUESTIONS TO YOU, FELLOW CANCER FIGHTERS:

Have any of you been in a similar position, with two newly diagnosed cancers, that are separate entities, and need to be treated separately?

Currently, my treatment plan is to have chemo to the more aggressive cancer, then some radiotherapy, then more chemo directed at the second cancer.

I'm scared that the cancer that remains untreated will go wandering off through lymph nodes and metastasise before first chemo treatment has finished.

Do you think I need to be concerned about the second cancer 'bolting out of the paddock', so to speak?

Thanks,

Pamela 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.