SCC cancer

Lindamit
New Contributor

SCC cancer

I have been fighting this cancer for over 4 yrs now.  I have had 9 nose surgeries and am looking at my 10th coming up.  I have lost 3/4 of my nose and am now looking at losing my eye.  Everytime they operate I get about 6 months down the road and it comes back.  I am trying immunptherapy at the moment but it doesn't seem to be working I have 6wks to decide on more surgery before it will be inoperable.  Because it is heading for a nerve to my brain.  I think my greatest fears are not being able to drive and scaring my grandkids.

4 REPLIES 4
sch
Super Contributor

Re: SCC cancer

Hi @Lindamit 

I'm sorry to hear about your fight with cancer, especially for years!

It must be very discouraging have 9 surgeries with an upcoming 10th!

I guess only you can decide what your want based on the risks and quality of life.

I'm not trying to encourage you one way or another, but eyesight loss in one eye is not usually a barrier to driving, although that might depend on your personal circumstances.

And rest assured, your grandchildren will always love you.

Please let us know how you go.

-s

0 Kudos
Antan
Contributor

Please try efudix, it gets rid of a lot of precancerous cells and cancerous cells by killing them and stopping them from rellplicating. Please see my.posts and pics.

0 Kudos
Lindamit
New Contributor

Hi

Just an update on my condition.  No more surgery needed and I'm keeping my eye.  The immunotherapy has started working and has shrunk the cancer to about half its size.  It looks like everything is on the right track now and I will be on this treatment for the next 12 -24 months.

Thanks for your thoughts.

sch
Super Contributor

This is great news.

All the best for the future.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.