Swollen Lymph Node in Groin

ArlosMom
New Contributor

Swollen Lymph Node in Groin

20210508_201621.jpg

 My son is 3 year's old. 9 months ago I noticed his lymph node swelling in his left inguinal groin. There was substantial bruising around his lymph node. He did not get injured. He has no skin infection or athletes foot. He's perfectly healthy otherwise. I took him to the doctor and they immediately did a blood test. It came back normal (he had high LDH but everything else was normal). He had an ultrasound and found a small cyst in his spleen and a small unexplained cm mass in his butt that they weren't concerned about. They gave us antibiotics. The lymph node went down after a month and I moved on... however a couple months later it swelled up again and large amount a bruising again.... the doctor said it had to be a skin condition but his skin looks great, there's nothing on his skin except for the bruising near the swollen inguinal lymph node. My son looks and acts healthy. Now we're 9 months later with this unexplained swollen groin lymph node in my 3 year old.... I decided to sign up on this website to find out if anyone has had experience with this? I don't know if it's cancer because he doesn't have any other symptoms... but its so unusual and there's nothing on Google. On Google it states that a groin lymph node swells up if you have an STD, Athletes foot or Cancer. I know my 3 year doesn't have the first 2 but I can't rule out cancer yet. Any experience from someone who has had a Goin Inguinal Lymph node flair up would be helpful to me. Much love to you all ❤️ Thank you so much. 

2 REPLIES 2
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Swollen Lymph Node in Groin

Hi,

Sorry,  I don't have anything helpful to add. I just wanted to check and see if you've had any answers yet.

-s

0 Kudos
ArlosMom
New Contributor

Re: Swollen Lymph Node in Groin

No answers... no idea why my little boy has this mysterious swollen lymph node in his groin. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.