TOO FEW RESPONSES!

Val
New Contributor

Re: TOO FEW RESPONSES!

I find it rather peculiar that the amount of responses warranted in here is an issue. After reading many posts and answers I felt a sense of overwhelming awe written between the lines. Not having any expectations upon entering the site I found {for the first time} in a forum exactly what I was looking for. In fact it was so comfortable I decide to create my first post and open a blog. Feeling rather vunerable I now find myself wondering if all my posts are going to be scrutinised and tracked to see if they are up to scratch. We all have different reasons for being here wether to read others stories. find information, any latest news or simply to make new friends its all stuff that for various reasons is meaningful to each of us. Please just let us be us in our own comfort zones at such a crucial time in our lives.
0 Kudos
Val
New Contributor

I find it rather peculiar that the amount of responses warranted in here is an issue. After reading many posts and answers I felt a sense of overwhelming awe written between the lines. Not having any expectations upon entering the site I found {for the first time} in a forum exactly what I was looking for. In fact it was so comfortable I decide to create my first post and open a blog. Feeling rather vunerable I now find myself wondering if all my posts are going to be scrutinised and tracked to see if they are up to scratch. We all have different reasons for being here wether to read others stories. find information, any latest news or simply to make new friends its all stuff that for various reasons is meaningful to each of us. Please just let us be us in our own comfort zones at such a crucial time in our lives.
0 Kudos
Sailor
Deceased

Hi Val Thanks for your response. None of us are going to be tracking and scrutinising your posts and as far as I am aware no-one passes judgement. As you say we have different reasons for being here and we shouldn't be judgemental. Sometimes people do put up a post and there is no apparent response in the short term. Then it will start and people respond. Sometimes you see a post that has been dealt with exhaustively and you wish people would look around the site and see if someone else has a similar problem. Often I wait to see if someone has picked up a post and responded and usually someone has. So yes we all have the right to be in our own comfort zones and none of us should feel guilty about our responding or non-responding. Cheers Sailor Men who cannot enter into the mind of the sea, cannot for the same reason enter into the mind of ships. John Ruskin
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.