Young adults get together

Danny
New Contributor

Young adults get together

Hi every one it's Danny here.i am 34 and just wondering how the young adults night went? I am interated in meeting up with young people traveling the same or simaler jourey as I am.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
maddie86
Contributor

Re: Young adults get together

hey there, i find there's not many young adults on this site... i didnt attend the young adults night but would be great to chat to you! im a career im 24 years old.. its tough being young, it has its pros and cons with cancer...
0 Kudos
bugger
Contributor

0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Thanks for the link bugger. It looks like a really good site. I am 34 as well and "now what" is exactly what I am thinking.
0 Kudos
SilentSilk
Not applicable

Hi guys i am 25 and just got the news 4 days ago about what i will be going through. i am looking for as much help as i can get to understand this thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey guys, If you're ever in Sydney on a Monday night you're all welcome to come along and meet others our age on a similar journey. I think (with not too much bias :-)) we're a pretty welcoming/awesome bunch ... Danny - the night went well. we were only a small group and things were informal, but we had some interesting discussions and I'm sure it will grow with time. Silentsilk - I know how hard it can be when you first find out about it, things a blur and an overwhelming amount of (scary) information. Particularly with things like treatments, often we hear only the worst of peoples experiences or they're the ones that stick in our heads. Just know that everyone's journey is different. For example, I had 8 months of chemo and was never sick. If you have any questions? I can offer my experience and what I've learnt (from experience, uni and a bit of an article collection). Allicat - what do you want from life? oh and I'm 24; 4 years into my journey and loving every wonderful breath 🙂
0 Kudos
sarah
Contributor

Hi there, Im 40 and would be definitely keen to connect with others in my age group, in the bayside area of melb. Or, just email chat if too far away. Send me a message anytime.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.