Young mum going through cancer treatment

Cervical29
New Contributor

Young mum going through cancer treatment

I was diagnosed with stage 2b cervical adenocarcinoma 2 months ago and have just entered my third week of cancer treatment. I’m a stay at home mum to 3 young children 5yrs and  under, and I was wondering if there are any mothers out there going through cancer treatment aswell. This time has been incredibly isolating and I would love to connect with a fellow mama and potentially start a cancer support/playgroup if there is a need for it. I am based in Melbourne

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
endomama

Re: Young mum going through cancer treatment

Hi! I'm a young mum (35) who has also just been diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. So early, that I'm not sure what stage yet. I have a little girl who is 14 months old.
I completely understand how it can feel so isolating. Most people  who get this type of cancer are 50+.

Would love to connect. I'm from Sydney.

0 Kudos
Jackie2421

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis. It must be so tiring having such young babes to care for. I hope you have good steady support around you. I completely understand the feeling of isolation. 

I was also diagnosed with Cervical Cancer in July, exactly 4 weeks after my mum passed away unexpectedly in June. Type of cancer is undefined, between Squamous Cell and Adenocarcinoma. My biopsies didn't show typical markers. I'm about to head into my second week of Chemo/radiation. I'm 32 And have a 15 (almost 16) year old daughter. While I don't have a little bub, my daughter has almost completely shut off from me to protect herself because she's scared after losing her nan. More than happy to have some chats with you though. 

0 Kudos
Cervical29
New Contributor

Hi endomama. I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. How are things going for you now?

0 Kudos
Cervical29
New Contributor

Hi Jackie2421. I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. 
I get what you mean about your daughter shutting off from you, I’ve been feeling that from some family members and even friends too.

how are you going with treatment? xx

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.