research into static spark UV could it cause cancer

GaryB
Occasional Visitor

research into static spark UV could it cause cancer

I have concerns regarding the Slip Slop Slap campaign over the last 40 years or so which has proven to be an absolute failure in curbing skin cancer. Skin cancer rates have increased substantially over those 40 years and mainly in the Slip Slop Slap age group, if skin cancer was caused by continued exposure to the sun, then the Slip Slop Slap campaign should have reduced the incidence of skin cancer the opposite has happened.

I read, probably about 15 years ago a quote from a cancer research group, I can’t remember which one but the quote went something like this “although there I no proof that continued exposure to the sun causes skin cancer we prefer to promote minimising exposure as a ‘Healthy Lifestyle Choice’”

It has bothered me since the very start of the Slip Slop Slap campaign as the human race has been running round under the same sun for thousands of years yet cancer rates have increased substantially only in the last 40 years or so, WHY?

I would like to see the experiments and the peer reviews that led to the conclusion all those years ago that exposure to the sun caused skin cancer. The Cancer Council has turned the Slip slop Slap campaign into a multi-billion-dollar company but I think it has been barking up the wrong tree.

I believe there is another source of exposure to UV that has coincided with the last 40 years of increased cancer rates that needs to be researched and that is the prolific use of plastics since the fifties or so. Our clothing in particular is mostly made of nylon, polyester etc and we are continually getting static sparks physically injected into our skin every time you take off that fluffy nightrobe or other garments. These apparently harmless sparks generate a spark full of what I would call ‘Raw’ UV containing UV A, B and C injected from the garment directly into the skin, that spark is created by a collapsing magnetic field just like you get if you are standing under a 500KV power line, also the spark temperature is about the same temperature as the surface of the sun.

Have the Cancer Council carried out any research into the plastics we are exposed to causing the spark or ark that is in my opinion more likely to be the cause of skin and possibly many other cancers remembering that the Lymphatic system could carry these cancerous cells to many other parts of the body as well.

Could you please look into this and I look forward to your reply

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.