Community Ambassador Call Out (NSW)

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Community Ambassador Call Out (NSW)

I am posting this on behalf of the Cancer Council PR team...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi CCOC members,

This year, Cancer Council NSW is expanding its community ambassador program, seeking people willing to share their cancer stories to add impact to our communications activity. Real-life stories are essential when trying to raise cancer awareness and vital funds for our research/services in the community. Put simply, without them our work would not be possible.

We will be doing regular call outs throughout the year as different campaigns emerge but at the moment we are looking for NSW patients/carers/survivors with a story around one of the following:

• Bowel cancer (over 50 years old)
  • Cervical cancer
  • Men’s health
    • Cancer and mental health
    • Prostate cancer
    • Testicular cancer

If you are comfortable sharing your story with the public via news media or in one of our newsletters, please send a short email with the key details of your story and a contact number to: communityambassadors@nswcc.org.au. Please note that depending on the number of submissions we may not be able to respond to everyone. We will try though!

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share their story and support our cause.

Cheers

Mark Evans, Cancer Council PR Team

1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Community Ambassador Call Out (NSW)

Note for our members, if you would feel more comfortable speaking with me first, I'd be more than happy to have a chat and pass your details on to Mark.

At this time, this is for people in NSW, but if you're in another state or territory of Australia and would love to share your story with Cancer Council, feel free to email me: onlinecommunity@nswcc.org.au and I can pass on your details to the relevant teams.

-Kate

Cancer Council Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.