4 weeks Post op brain tumor feeling lost

Robbie
Not applicable

4 weeks Post op brain tumor feeling lost

Hi everyone, Today marks 4 weeks since I discovered I had a brain tumor that was about the size of an apple in my front right lobe. The tumor was only discovered after I had a seizure and was taken to hospital where they carried out a scan and discovered it was there. A week later I had surgery and most of it was removed and a week later I was discharged from hospital and sent home. I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. 4 weeks on and I am so grateful in that the tumor was benign and I am still alive however I am feeling a little lost in regards to making sense of all the thoughts that are constantly stirring in my head and basically where to from here! Talking to people around me helps get things off my chest but they haven't walked in my shoes and cant really relate to what I am telling them. I would love to chat with others who are going through or have gone through something similar to share thoughts and experiences with. Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GeeGee
Occasional Contributor

Re: 4 weeks Post op brain tumor feeling lost

Hi Robbie, first of all let me say I am sorry you are going through this and wish you all the best in your recovery. My partner has stage 4 melanoma and has a few tumors on his brain and has also had a seizure. You say it helps talking to people around you but they haven't walked in your shoes and can't relate to what you are saying. Well believe me as someone on the other side of things, they most likely understand better than you think, well most of them anyway, there are alway some who can't or won't understand. Just because we haven't had the same thing we can still understand in a way so give us so credit, we can see how is is affecting your life and we feel your pain. I know it's not the same as going through it ourselves but we do understand. I hope your recovery is quick amd things get back to normal for you very soon. Best of luck to you. Geraldine (GeeGee)
0 Kudos
Seilien
Occasional Contributor

Re: 4 weeks Post op brain tumor feeling lost

To be honest, this happened years ago and I wish I couldve said something then because I feel very similarly.  It's been 5 weeks since brain tumor surgery and I still feel wrong. I'm told that it is natural to feel anxiety and sadness with everything going on and I have resented everyone telling me this. My thoughts are all over the place. It makes me feel better to talk to someone but it's true, not everyone really gets it. I dont feel like burdening most people with these feelings either. I do hope you found solace somewhere or improved over time. Theres so little information out there even with internet and I also think the internet doesnt help so much too. There is some comfort knowing some people may have also experienced what I am feeling?

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.