Bodily changes after treatment

Opacity
Occasional Contributor

Bodily changes after treatment

I have pancreatic cancer which has been held at bay by chemo and radiotherapy for over a year.  Cancer cells have been knocked back from glands and  bile ducts  to the primary site and even that has been reduced in size. I am so grateful and I am feeling quite well but am curious about some  bodily changes. I have never been a smelly person but now my sweat smells rank! So does my urine!  A small problem I know but I’m curious if anyone else has had a similar experience? My usually straight hair has regrown but it’s now unruly curls and even ringlets!! I know hair changes are common but what about my smelly sweat?! Please share if you have seen some weird changes too. We gotta laugh at something, haven’t we?

4 REPLIES 4
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Bodily changes after treatment

Hi Opacity

during treatment for PC my urine also smelt ,when I passed wind it would have killed a brown dog,a friend of mine with pancreatic cancer said the same thing,good luck with your treatment.

kj

Opacity
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for your reply. I only read it today. Sorry!  So relieved to hear that others have found the same thing happened to them after treatment and it’s not just me!🤣 And thanks for the good wishes. I hope things are going well for you too.🧡

kj
Super Contributor

Hi Opacity 
Things are fine on the Pancreatic cancer side of things thanks I 

reached  13 years last August,a glitch has occurred health wise,I go for Turp prostate surgery Friday ,I  have a growth internally there ,so a biopsy is scheduled as well,fingers crossed.I sincerely hope that your treatment is not too harsh I’m glad that chemo and radiotherapy are helping you.

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Hi Opacity,

Yes and yes to the smelly urine.  I tried researching it but could not find much about it.  Now I am having more treatment 5 years later - the smell has gone.  I don't understand why, I just accept it.  You were very brave to post the question.  I was too embarrassed to ask the question so thank you.  

I wish you great success with your treatment.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.