Hand therapy for the tingles and numbness

Heids75
Occasional Contributor

Hand therapy for the tingles and numbness

Now it’s winter the tingling /numbness in my fingertips has got worse. Wearing gloves 24/7 in QLD. 

Has anyone had any luck with some kind of hand therapy? Worried  might have some nerve damage. 

Massaging my own hands feel great, I’m sure it will feel better if I got someone else to do it . 
I am on chemo ( round 9) and immunotherapy. 

3 REPLIES 3
Kim77
New Contributor

Re: Hand therapy for the tingles and numbness

Hi! I had terrible foot pain and hand tingling after my first cycle, so I used cold therapy on hands and feet during second treatment - made a big difference (well I think it did - I guess there is no real way to measure but it was the only variable I changed).

0 Kudos
Heids75
Occasional Contributor

Cold therapy, really? 
I was thinking I had to avoid the cold temperature.

I’ll do some research, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Gail1
New Contributor

Hi

I had tingling in my left calf, I couldn't sleep at night, I tried tying my leg with cloth to stop it, nothing worked. 

My son gave me a earth grounding strap to wear, I used it grudgingly when I went to bed, knowing it would not work, in the morning the tingling was 85% gone, l still didn't believe it, wore it again for next week, tingling almost gone, then I got the cord knotted, I could not be bothered to un-tangle, so I didn't wear for next two nights = tingling back. I am now wearing every night, I am a converted believer

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.