Lymph gland removal Post Op pain

wysewun
New Contributor

Lymph gland removal Post Op pain

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a tearing, burning discomfort after removal of groin lymph gland. It is 8 weeks since complete hysterectomy and lymph removal and this feeling was present immediately after surgery and continues without subsiding. My surgeon is now a very long distance away so casual appointments are impractical but I did make the trip recently and was told it could be a fluid accumulation but there is no swelling. Just hoping someone might shed a new light on it, not that it is a huge issue in the overall scheme of things and I am not complaining...just curious.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Terrafirma
Contributor

Re: Lymph gland removal Post Op pain

Hi Wysewun, Here's a couple of suggestions for places to go on the internet where there are others who may have similar experiences: Go to the vast community forums at www.hystersisters.com and find a suitable forum to post your message there. When I checked on 12th February 2014 the overall stats for their forums were threads..514,381 posts..4,213,992 members..325,109 ! There are links to some lymphedema forums (discussion boards) on the web page http://bestcancersites.com/lymphedema/ I hope the pain subsides soon 🙂 Cheers - Ed.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.