My lung cancer

fumph
Not applicable

My lung cancer

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site. I was diagnosed with NSLC 3 1/2 yrs ago. and had differing types of chemo administered. Just recently we had a ct and it showed that my head had some cancer hiding there also so I had to have one week of radiation at Peter Mac in Moorabbin Hospital and now am back on TAXOL. I do get a bit tired during the day but still enjoy some casual work. I do still have numbness in my toes and fingers. I did try a trial of TARCEVA a couple of years ago but couldn't cope with the side effects. Happy to hear from people with similar problems. Yours truly fumph.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
landerson
Not applicable

Re: My lung cancer

Hi welcome to the site. You may be interested in the group " Ongoing" It is for people like us for whom the battle continues. I also have NSCLC diagnosed September 2009. I had 4 cycles chemo and have been on Tarceva since last december. Took a while to get a grip on the side effects but doing OK now. I am in WA and happy for you to add me as a friend if you would like. Good luck with the treratment hope to hear from you soon.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.