Oral Vepesid (Etoposide)- Anyone had this drug treatment at all?

Bubbly27
New Contributor

Oral Vepesid (Etoposide)- Anyone had this drug treatment at all?

Hello, Im very new to this forum.Just thought id start off by asking if anyone has had chemo treatment with oral Etoposide. If you have, How did you go taking it? What dosage were you on? How many days did you take it for? I have been prescribed it and am just seeing if anyone else is and how they take it. Did anyone taking it have hair loss? Thanks in advance 🙂
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Minx
Contributor

Re: Oral Vepesid (Etoposide)- Anyone had this drug treatment ...

Hi Bubbly My husband has only done one round of etoposide 100mg x 5 days. This was in conjunction with carboplatin. Yesterday he was due to start his 2nd round (3week cycle) however his platelets and WBC were too low to go ahead, delayed for a week. They said it was the etoposide that had affected this. He has had continuous chemo treatments for brain cancer since Nov 2011 and this was our first delay on chemo. I hope all goes well, the oncologist really do watch your bloods so be secure in that knowledge. Good luck Minx
0 Kudos
Bubbly27
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, How long are they planning chemo for? How is he coping with the chemo?. Just really nervous going into this. Anyone else had any experience with this drug? 🙂
0 Kudos
Minx
Contributor

It is such a daunting time, and does take huge amounts of courage to begin this next step. Sorry I didn't ask wht type of cancer are you being treated for? How are you feeling in yourself? His chemo is reliant on how his next MRI goes (4weeks time)they were scheduling 3 cycles. With his cancer they seem to be trialing everything that they can. Everyone tolerates their chemo differently he has been healthy all the way through, my mother who is having chemo for bowel cancer has been unwell most of the time.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.