Should/can I Delay radiation therapy for 3or 6months for grade 2brain tumour

Hannah_p
New Contributor

Should/can I Delay radiation therapy for 3or 6months for grade 2brain tumour

Hi I had surgery 7weeks ago to remove a grade 2 tumour. My dr has recommended radiation therapy to start soon. It's a crazy time of year as we live on a farm 2 hour drive one way, away from the treatment place. I am lucky to have wonderful parents who will drive me, but husband is crazy busy and with 2 small children it's going to be really hard if I start treatment now. Has anyone else delayed treatment without regrets? I will be meeting the radiation oncologist in 2 days and will seek his opinion too. Any info or advice is appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
sam_richards
New Contributor

Re: Should/can I Delay radiation therapy for 3or 6months for ...

Well I also have a brain tumour and I have had a hard hit of chemo as well as radiation therapy and in my experience radiation was a dream compared to the chemo, the side effects are much easier to deal with.
0 Kudos
Stace
Contributor

Hi Hannah I personally wouldnt delay any type of cancer treatment, you have young children, i also live on a farm and have young kids, they were alot younger when i had cancer treatment, i too am 3 and a half hours away from the city but we just had to make it work, it meant my husband couldnt be with me but other family members rallied around to help, you need to have the treatment and timing can be crucial, put yourself first just this once and get yourself better for your husband and kids, best of luck xx
0 Kudos
Stace
Contributor

Hi Hannah I personally wouldnt delay any type of cancer treatment, you have young children, i also live on a farm and have young kids, they were alot younger when i had cancer treatment, i too am 3 and a half hours away from the city but we just had to make it work, it meant my husband couldnt be with me but other family members rallied around to help, you need to have the treatment and timing can be crucial, put yourself first just this once and get yourself better for your husband and kids, best of luck xx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.