Side effects xeloda Avastin

Kate
Occasional Contributor

Hi to you all. Very new to this site but thought I would ask a question if anyone has an answer please? I have been on xeloda and Avastin for just over 12 months now with partial response to my breast cancer to the liver. I have had hand and foot syndrome side effects and am coping however my question has anyone else had discolouration of the skin. It is mainly to my hands and feet and the oncologists puts it down to the amount of vegetable juices I have and teh carrots. Does anyone have any further information on this? Thanks in advance Kate
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mihalo
Contributor

HI Kate, When you say discoloration do you mean like little brown dots, like pigmentations? I was on the FOLFOX (5FU and oxaliplatin) and a trial which was either avastin or a trial drug called AZD that works the same as avastin and I got little brown dots on my hands. I was only on it for 5 months for bowel cancer. I finished at the end of April and they have now all cleared up. Hope that helps. Cheers Mihalo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.