cancer the biggest enemy

olaelsayed
New Contributor

cancer the biggest enemy

welcome my friend

this is my first time ever to write and talk to another one about my child

he had cancer

I do not know what to do?

any one talk to me to tell me what can I do with him download.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Re: cancer the biggest enemy

I'm so sorry you're going through this with your child.  What doctors have you seen?  Is there a treatment plan?  What is the diagnosis?  I don't know what to say to you without some information.  Get the best information you can.  Take notes or ask then to write it down for you.  Research the diagnosis and get a good understanding of what you are dealing with.

This is the most terrible time to try to be hopeful but you have to be for your child.  Cancer is a big enemy but we have fantastic doctors, research and treamtent in the time we live.  I hope you find answers and are able to be the best support and comfort possible for your child.   

olaelsayed
New Contributor

Hi

My child 10 years old

his name Is Ahmed

He Had Neuroblastoma Step 3

We visited many doctors

Until we reached the Children's Cancer Hospital 57357

We took 8 chemical doses and the tumor was not affected

We had two surgeries to try to remove it and the doctors could not. They said he was not affected by the chemical and would not be able to remove it by surgery.

And here we follow every six months and follow the tumor, thank God is still as it did not grow from the first size and did not move to another place

But I am very afraid of the future Is it possible to remove it at a certain time or will remain in his body forever knowing that in the abdomen between vital organs inside the abdominal cavity

If any place in the world can help me remove the tumor from my child's body, I will be ready to travel.

If there is no cure as they say to me here, support me to endure where I am
Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Hi Olaelsayed,

I'm so sorry that Ahmed is dealing with this and your whole family too.  It sounds like a terrible cancer that has not responded to Chemotherapy and the Surgeons are unable to removed it.  

I don't think you live in Australia going by the postcode of 57357.  Are you in America?

Can you get a second opinion?  Try another hospital?  I don't know what to advise you and can only offer my thoughts and prayers for your family.  This is a horrible journey to be on and it's even worse when it is a child who has to cope with this at such a young age.  Can you find out if there are any clinical trials that your child may be abel to participate in, such as Immunotherapy Trials?   Research and find out as much as you can and ask for help from everyone you come into contact with.  

Please let me know if you find anything to help you in the future.  Good luck to Ahmed.  

0 Kudos
olaelsayed
New Contributor

thank you so much for your support We are from EGYPT and thank you again I do not want any thing all I need to a good word from other people about Ahmed I love him so so much and I will keep looking about any solution for him until I die thank you again big thank your words make me cry I am sorry
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.