Hospitals & COVID2019

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hospitals & COVID2019

I had news a week os so ago, the NETs tumour in my pancreas has grown. It seems the MET in my liver is stable. The oncology team has booked me in for Dotatate & FDG PET scans this Wednesday & Thursday, 25th & 26th March. All good, no big deal there.

I live 90 minutes North of Sydney, where the scans are being done. Usually I would catch the very busy commuter train up & back. This time due to COVID, I’ll drive. 

My scans were originally booked for RNS public, as usual, but were subsequently moved to RNS Private. Less foot traffic, fewer people & I guess less chance of infection, I don’t really know.

The Point:       there isn’t any information, from what I have seen, on what people with chronic disease and low immune systems do to navigate transport, hospitals, medical clinics or even supermarkets safely.

I personally don’t have any of those concerns but, I did hear a woman tell another in ALDI yesterday, she was cancelling a doctors appointment, due to the Coronavirus.

By & large, the government is doing the best it can, in these strange & difficult times. I do think a little more information should be made available to agencies and media for better distribution to the public. Knowledge is power, or something like that!!!!????

Lindsay

2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Hospitals & COVID2019

Morning @Lindsay!

I wish you well with your scans ❤️ Please drive safely!

Cancer Council have put out some information here: https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/get-support/covid-19/

You can also download a PDF version, here, which is great to print out.

There's also some great information available at the NSW Cancer Institute

I will gather this all together today and make a new post, so it's all accessible to everyone 😊

Cheers,

Kate

0 Kudos
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hospitals & COVID2019

Thank you Kate, to both.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.