How are you doing?

Katekat
Valued Contributor

How are you doing?

Hello,

I just thought I'd start a thread, where you might like to check in and share how you're doing, what you've been up to in this new world of social isolation and celebrate the good stuff, no matter how small ❤️

So how about it?

-Kate

107 REPLIES 107
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: How are you doing?

Hi Kate,
Not much happening in my area, other than I'm due to have cataracts removed from my left eye on Monday. These have been caused by the Prednisolone I need to take for my arthritis. Of course, nothing is simple with me; I have 2 different types of cataracts in each eye & my vision has worsened dramatically over the last few months, making me legally blind. With Covid-19 though, I don't know when the surgery on my right eye will take place now. It was due to happen towards the end of April. Because of me having this surgery, I've had to stop my chemo until after my eye is healed. Hopefully I will heal quickly.
Otherwise, I'm relaxing & enjoying the beautiful Melbourne weather. 😊
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hi Budgie,

Nothing doing treatment wise for me on Monday.

Leaves my head clear to think about your cataracts and their removal. I’ll do just that, with my fingers crossed. Good luck, not that you’ll need it.

Lindsay.

Budgie
Super Contributor

Thanks Lindsay. 😉
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

👍🤞

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Hi Budgie,

Well today’s the day. That cataract in the left eye, gone. That’s what I’m hoping for. I hope it’s a great outcome. My everything is crossed.

Lindsay. 🤞👍

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hey, thanks very much Lindsay. I just woke up so, now I can have my light breakfast then start my fasting. I don't have to be there till midday, & will probably be at the bottom of his list, so I'll be starving by the time I actually have the op, but at least it will be done.
My hubby is waiting to hear if his surgery is going ahead. He is booked in on Thursday to have a fourth lot of spine surgery on his neck, but probably won't be told if it's gonna happen until Wednesday.
Anyway, thanks for the well wishes & I'll catch you on the flip side.👁🧐🤕😷😁👍

0 Kudos
Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Let us all know how it goes today Budgie. I’m sure it’ll be ok. Let’s hope.

Fingers crossed for your partners spinal surgery news, What a pain in the neck, that’s going to be “ pun intended”. I’ll keep a close eye on that outcome, Wednesday.

Just so happens, I’ll be in the liver clinic for a couple of hours, Wednesday. I’ll keep in touch, from this iPad, if I can.

Thoughts are with you both. .....Lindsay😁

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Best of luck today @Budgie, hope all goes well and you're not stuck waiting too long!! 😘

kj
Super Contributor

Hi Kate

Today  hopefully we will finish changing Drive belts on our pulsar,as I am in the over 70 bracket We will be at home unless medical appointments are happening,I see surgeon Wednesday for results of CT fingers crossed .

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.