Dad stage 4 terminal melanoma

OceanDancer
Not applicable

Hi   Dad had a stage 4 melanoma removed last March.....they thought they had got it all, no signs of cancer anywhere else....then...just before christmas Dad became unwell....heart problems.  Then...last week dad was hospitalised had mri, bloods etc....well what we thought had been a heart problem ended up being melanoma which had gone to the heart lining.........spread to the liver and lymph nodes.  We were all shell shocked.....and keep hoping that this is all a horrible dream and that we will all wake up from it..........This has happened all so fast............ Can only now really start to acknowledge the truth of what is ahead. OceanDancer
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Hi Ocean Dancer, Im sorry to hear about your dad & his diagnosis. It must have been a shock for you all to be given the all clear & then to find out the cancer has spread. I dont know much about melanoma did he have any symptoms or was it picked up in a routine check up? I am 3 years past diagnosis and still recovering from everything Ive been through. Sorry you didnt get a reply sooner. It still annoys me that someone can post a message & not get a reply on here. Things can be a little slow sometimes, lots of people looking and reading, not everyone participating. I guess it can be a bit daunting sometimes in the beginning. Anyway do let us know how you are and how your Dad is, there is usually someone around to have a chat to. Best Wishes Butterfly
0 Kudos
paula
Not applicable

Re: Dad stage 4 terminal melanoma

Hi Ocean Dancer - I was sad to hear about your Dad. My husband has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma. I agree it really does feel like some horrible dream. I hope you are getting love & support because it is really hard seeing someone you care about go through this. All the best Paula
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.