Empty

BeccaChloe17
Visitor

Empty

Two days ago my mother was diagnosed with advanced bowel cancer. It's out of nowhere. She is my best friend and has been my rock my whole life, my partner died 3 years ago and she is the only reason I'm still here at all, now I'm faced with losing her. She starts chemotherapy next week and the doctors say she has a good chance but I'm so scared that she's going to die. I need help to get through this.  I'm turning 24 in 4 days and I'm worried this is the last birthday we will have together. I can't live without her. 

FB_IMG_1480754648636.jpg

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Kayle
New Contributor

Re: Empty

Feeling for you and pray that your mum has a good result. Your young to have to go through this alone, I know that empty feeling, my husband has cancer and that feeling of being so alone in this is hard where you have no where to turn too. Be postive fight it, be strong for your mum even though you feel like mush inside, love every minute with your mum. my husband and I decided that we are going to try and live our life as if nothing is wrong..yes hard to do.

There is no good way to go through this but knowing that there is someone out there is thinking of you hope this will help

FeelingHelpless
Occasional Contributor

Little girl this must be soooo hard for you. Just enjoy the time you have with your mum. The last thing she wants to do is leave you. I don't like it when people say "be positive" because you will try and yet deep down the fear will take over. This is out of your control all you can do sweetheart is be there and let her see you smile now and then. That will help her in her fight. Much love to you both.
0 Kudos
Bdevine
New Contributor

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Ive been going through a similar thing with my grandma. I'm 25. She's the only person in my life that I love completely, we live together and have done everything together since I was tiny! She's been battling for a few years. Every birthday, Christmas and event I think is the last so I've made them special for her in anyway I can. Everyday I feel lonely and lost. The only thing that's going to get me through it is knowing I was there for her til the end. If your mum is anything like my grandma, she will cherish all those times you were with her for the horrible appointments, holding her hair back when she's sick. Just keep your head up, your mum would want you to be happy x 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.