Feeling Empty

Missing_Tin
New Contributor

Feeling Empty

Recently lost my wife battling her liver cancer. Things happened so quick. Having only been diagnosed terminally on September 2013, Christina passed the way the day after Christmas. I was by her side when she passed. I witnessed her last grasp of air and said my goodbye, and assured her to go with God and be painfree. Christina leave me with 2 handsome boys (4 and 3 years old) Looking at my kids, I have so much to live for! but missing Christina dearly.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Melanie
Contributor

Re: Feeling Empty

Oh my, no words can explain how I feel for you right now. You have your work cut out for you, but I'm sure those 2 little boys will pull you through it at warp speed. Meanwhile your head will continue to spin. My husband is still battling the battle, we have 2 girls 2 & 4.5. How terrible that she was taken so fast from you all. My you have the strength & family support to bundle those two gorgeous boys up and continue on with life as they need you too. If you need anyone to talk to- please feel free to message me. Mel
0 Kudos
Missing_Tin
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Melanie. I wish you well and wish you all the strength and courage to be with your husband battle this war. We are getting great counseling from the local social workers in dealing with my kids and their knowledge of mummys passing. Ian
0 Kudos
purpleangels
Contributor

G'day Ian! What a tragedy.... I am so sorry to hear of your story.... Take care of yourself over the coming weeks and months.....your kids need you to be there for them, but they need you to look after yourself too. Just know that when you despair that there are others feeling exactly the same way, feeling what you are feeling and missing out on future dreams.... You will gradually get used to the new normal....acceptance is another story but you will get used to it. Good luck and take care! PA Xxx
0 Kudos
beck2930
Contributor

Sending you and your boys lots of love and strength
0 Kudos
Missing_Tin
New Contributor

Thanks for the support :) Today I went out with the kids to the Sydney Festival, and there was a big giant jumping castle replicating the stone henge...it was great fun, seeing the my kids smile is like seeing my late wife smiling 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.