Fundraiser to save my mum

Laurensavage1
New Contributor

Fundraiser to save my mum

I don’t really know where else to post this. We need help! my beautiful mum has been fighting the biggest fight of her life. The fight against cancer! She got diagnosed with bowel cancer and it has since spread to her liver and lungs and now chemo doesn’t seem to be working. If cancer isn’t a burden enough she also has an auto immune disease that makes treatment a lot more complicated. The first round of chemo sent her to the hospital and almost killed her. Now she has been offered immunotherapy that doctors believe may help her but this does come with a hefty $35 thousand dollar price tag. So if you could donate anything and share the link to help my mum and help ease the financial burden we would be forever grateful. I’ll add the link in my bio and comments too. Thank you thank you thank you 💕

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cancer-sucks-leannes-35k-fight-for-life?utm_medium=email&utm_source=produ...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Fundraiser to save my mum

Hello @Laurensavage1 ,

In this day & age of unscrupulous people taking advantage of those who like to believe that people are always of good intent, please forgive me if I have doubts about your request.  Is your mother in Australia?  Usually, maybe not always, immunotherapy is covered by the PBS in this country, therefore the patient doesn't have much, if anything to pay.   I understand other countries are different.   However, I personally, think this is not the best forum to ask people who are suffering themselves, & having to pay, sometimes quite a substantial amount of money for their own treatment, to fund someone else's medical costs.  

I do not mean to upset you, if you are legitimate, but their are too many greedy scammers out there wanting to catch out the unwary.

If your mother is truly ill, I wish her all the best.

Budgie

0 Kudos
Laurensavage1
New Contributor

If u look at my go fund me page and read the comments you can see that is legitimate as people know my mum. Perhaps you should do your research before you accuse me of faking. 
Yes it is covered but not for her as she has an auto immune disease. She has to pay the $35K and once that’s paid the government cover it after that! 

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

I am not going to click on a link just because someone says it's legitimate.
As I said, I wish your mother all the best.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.