Hello everyone I am new to this site in writing something.My loving husband has advanced Bowel Cancer.

Janicescarlett
New Contributor

Hello everyone I am new to this site in writing something.My loving husband has advanced Bowel Cancer.

I have never written on sites like this before.I am hoping for some support with our journey of advanced bowel cancer.My husband was diagnosed over 2 years ago.When diagnosed it was in bowel liver lung Operation on bowel to remove section of bowel and tumour was done 2 years ago. Then chemo for 2 years. In December 2012 he had surgery to liver and 5 tumours removed and same time a tumour from lower right lung.All sounded well except for blood results. Now PET scan shows 5 months later more tumours in liver and also lung and oesophageal . Can anyone relate to where my head is at right now? We are strong couple and have so far had a good out look for taking one step at a time.My head is getting weary.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Janicescarlett
New Contributor

Re: Hello everyone I am new to this site in writing ...

My husband goes back on chemo in another week or so. It was the one thing he didn't want to do again.But it is his only option given to him to try.
0 Kudos
deniseford
Occasional Contributor

Hi Janice I won't say 'welcome'...under the circumstances not sure that is quite right. Instead I hope you can get some information, support and friendship out of being here. I also am the carer for my husband who has terminal Kidney Cancer (RCC), we found out it was terminal about 3 months ago, so I understand how you are feeling right at this moment. Make every moment count, arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can and never be afraid to ask heaps of questions, make sure you have a doctor you trust, surround yourself with family and stay strong. I am sending you a big hug....sometimes that is all you need...no words....just a hug!!!
0 Kudos
Janicescarlett
New Contributor

Thank you very much for replying to my post.. A lonely road to travel. support is around but not in the quiet hours of night when we do our thinking..
0 Kudos
Sharon_Bandende
Not applicable

i so agree with that, nights are the worst when there sleeping and our minds go around and around and then sleeping tablets no longer help, is hard but we keep going, one step at a time
0 Kudos
cazbar
Not applicable

Hello everyone I too am new here and I also am caring for my husband who has stage 4 bowel cancer, I'm so lost as he will not admit he is even sick. 2 years ago he was diagnosed with bowel cancer and they removed the tumour and we did the chemo and all was going well we even got a all clear from the doctor then on a general check up the doctor felt something wrong and sent him for a scan which showed another tumour near his kidney, they removed most of it but couldn't get the rest of it without damaging his kidney. later I was told they opened and closed him the original operation was a serious one as they thought his bowel had ruptured but actually what had happened was the tumour had ruptured and been leaking into his body the whole time, so when they opened him the second time they took the tumour but it was too late the cancer had taken over and spread over his stomach every day I wonder what am I going to do without him, what’s going to happen and how will we cope He’s doing chemo and handling it ok but I can see little things no one else can he’s tired and sick and won’t tell me he’s in pain and I catch him rubbing his belly and when I ask are you in pain he says no just annoying pain but he won’t take pain relief I’m so lost and feel very alone and this site is the only place I feel I can be as every here knows the pain of watching someone they love battle this ugly ugly disease anyway thanks for letting me vent
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.