How do you cope with your cancer loved ones anger 😢😢??

Trish68
Occasional Visitor

How do you cope with your cancer loved ones anger 😢😢??

Hi everyone, my husband has stage 4 marginal zone non Hodgkin's lymphoma. He has it in many areas of his body. 

He has had 2 rounds of chemo so far, and after each round, he is moody and angry, nasty and verbally abusive. 

He is very unpleasant to live with. 

He isn't working anymore, but has projects keeping him busy, rebuilding the engine and front end of his 4wd 

I'm still working full time, keeping the money coming in. 

When I walk in the door after work most days, he is immediately on the attack, having a go at me for some reason. 

Is anyone else in a similar situation 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you cope with your cancer loved ones anger 😢😢??

Sending gentle knowing thoughts your way @Trish68 . My husband is finding everything too stressful, is increasingly intolerant and is withdrawing more. 

0 Kudos
Mary_85
New Contributor

Re: How do you cope with your cancer loved ones anger 😢😢??

Hi Trish,

Sorry to read what you are going through. Thank you also for having to courage to share your thoughts.

My opinion is that your husband is angry because he does not accept the situation. He does not admit the disease, he denies and fights reality. If your husband is open to other types of non invasive therapies, such as meditation, perhaps this could help acceptance. Then it is a matter of trying to live the best life possible with cancer, knowing that treatments can be difficult to cope with. 

I hope that it all gets better for you.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.