Lung Cancer is evil

Eldestdaughter
Occasional Contributor

Lung Cancer is evil

When do you know that it is time to stop working and stop tending all the” other” things in your life to sit beside your sick loved one, hold their hand and just be there? My Dad seems to have taken a turn in his journey where he is not feeling “right”, he seems agitated, scared and struggling.  He wishes to remain at home. I am not his primary carer but I fear we are not doing enough to ease his pain?

4 REPLIES 4
Fiona1
New Contributor

Re: Lung Cancer is evil

Perhaps you can speak with someone in his medical team such as his oncologist?

Michael53
Occasional Contributor

I too struggled with the thought of when is it time to give up work to care for my wife with terminal cancer.

I would often talk to her about it over her nearly three year battle but she would always say that i needed to be at work to have a break from it, she would always be thinking of others before herself even though she was living on borrowed time.

However i always made sure we would travel or go for drives between treatments or times when she felt well so i can only be thankfull that we did the best we could with the circumstances at hand.

I can understand your pain, my wife lost her battle back in May this year, i am still dealling with her loss but  am comforted to know that we took every opportunity there was to  travel in the caravan  or just go away for the weekend. 

Eldestdaughter
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately Dad lost his battle in May.

0 Kudos
Fiona1
New Contributor

Oh I am so very sorry. I hope you're coping okay xx

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.