My Dad starts chemotherapy today. I'm a mess and I KNOW he must be, too.

ioweyouacoke
Not applicable

My Dad starts chemotherapy today. I'm a mess and I KNOW he must be, too.

I know that chemotherapy won't solve the problem, my Dad's cancer has spread from his lung to the back-base of his brain now. It was undetected and undiagnosed until just this past Thanksgiving (Canadian). He's done radiation treatment already, and his chemotherapy starts today, just a few weeks before Christmas. I don't know what to expect, even though I've read a ton of stuff online (which I know you're not supposed to do). I just want him to be strong again, and hopefully he will be in a good enough mode come the holidays to at least enjoy his 3-year old and 6-year old grandchildren when the family gets together.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Groenevelt68
Contributor

Re: My Dad starts chemotherapy today. I'm a mess and I KNOW ...

Actually reading as much information as you can from the net, library, hospitals, and asking questions is one of the greatest things you can do, not only for yourself but for your father as well. The is not the greatest journey we would like to travel on, actually it is hard and painful. Provide as much support as you can, make as many memories as you can, enjoy every moment when you can. My thoughts are with you
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.