My mum the military widow

rachel
Not applicable

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any groups in the hunter valley region for widows from cancer. I lost my Dad about 2 months ago and my poor Mum (50yrs old) is not coping too well... I find it very hard as I live hours away to look after her. Any ideas would be really appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jenny
Occasional Contributor

Rachel have your tried contacting the Mater Hospital in Newcastle I had my treatment there and during that time I stayed on my own at their lodge I had lost my husband to cancer 14 months before and I found the support their marvellous.  When he passed away I never thought I would cope but then I found out I had a tumor myself and almost gave up hope.  I have moved on since then it took a lot to do by giving uo my job, selling my house and moving close to my daughter.  Without her I don't know what would have happened.  I now feel a lot my settled and even started to life my life again mainly due to the support and advice I was given while staying at the Mater.  Hope this will be of some help.  Jenny
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.