Need help on how to help my dad

jessik
Not applicable

Need help on how to help my dad

Hi all. My mum has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer. shes in hospital still and has a long way to go yet. we are all just taking it day by day and trying to stay positive and supportive. I am worried about my dad. he has always been one to keep to himself and never asks for anything. I know he isn't coping to well and i dont know what to do for him. I am seeing him daily and calling / texting him to make sure he knows i am here, but i dont know what more i can do. Some advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. xx
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Re: Need help on how to help my dad

Hi jessik, Welcome to Cancer Connections. Thanks for your recent posting. We understand how important it is for you to be supported at this time and hope you will find the community of benefit. Our Introductions area is another great place to let other people find out more about you and to share as little or as much as you would like about things that are important to you: www.cancerconnections.com.au/forums/lounge/introductions If you require any assistance using the Cancer Connections website, do not hesitate to contact us at admin@cancerconnections.com.au Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Admin Team
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Need help on how to help my dad

Jessik Sounds like you are doing all of the right things for both Mum and Dad, some of us fellers keep to much in, it is sometimes a generation thing.Keep up the good work, I am sure it is just as hard on you as well so don't neglect yourself or any support offered there are support groups as posted kj
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.