Need someone to talk to

Not applicable

Need someone to talk to

My girlfriend has stage four brain cancer. Her prognosis is not good. And though we have only been in a relationship just over three months, she has been a good friend for over two years. My family is not around, as being gay kinda goes against their beliefs, and my friends think along the lines that if it is hard, I should just leave. I love my girlfriend and I would not change being with her for anything...but it does get hard. When I lie next to her, watching her breathe, just to make sure that she is still breathing. I get a phone call from an unknown number and I worry that it will be someone contacting me in regards to her being at the hospital. I watch her in pain, and even though she tries so hard to hide the pain she is in, when she gets back from chemo or radiation, she hurts...and there isn't anything that I can do to help. She passes out in my arms and wakes up not remembering who I am. It is hard. But it is worth it...I just need someone to talk to who understands what I am going through and doesn't tell me I am being stupid or claiming that I am being taken advantage of.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.