New

melodysunshine
Not applicable

New

Hi my name is Melodysunshine. My husband is in the last days of multiple myeloma. I live on a sixty acre property and am isolated and alone. I am his sole carer. He has refused all treatment and has now refused any medical intervention from his GP except pain meds. He is very, very ill but none of us know what is causing his illness. We think - palliative care and myself - that he is suffering the effects of hypercalciuma. He is not eating; drinks little has nausea, vomiting, constipation and is extremely agitated, aggressive and angry. I am at my wit's end and don't know what is to come. It is scary because he will not go to hospital even if he is un-conscious. Palliative care ring me twice a week and visit every four to five weeks.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
marshie
Occasional Contributor

Re: New

Hi it must be very hard for you to be on your own miles away from anything. Has he said why he doesn't want any help? even keeping the doctor out makes it harder for you.How long has he been sick I know its very hard on the carers I am one too,my husband had floor of mouth cancer over 4yrs ago he cant eat solids and at the moment seems to be getting weaker the radiation messed him up a lot noo saliva and his neck is all messed up he keeps having injections but they don't seem to help. We live in Fremantle WA so we are close to hospitals and doctors. I really feel for you all on your own I send a warm hug marshie
0 Kudos
marshie
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for making me a friend. I hope you are feeling a bit better today, I know the days seem to meld together and there all a bit the same but if you have someone to talk to or vent it helps getting it out of your system especially if you don't know them. Anyway I will be here if you want to get something off your chest I have been at it for about 10yrs all told so hoping to hear from you. marshie
0 Kudos
n2141116
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Was just reading your post, was wondering how you are feeling. Do you live near Brisbane, there may be other support services you may be able to engage. Take care.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.