Palliative Care for my dad

Not applicable

Palliative Care for my dad

Has anyone had any terrible palliative care experiences? I'm scared for my dad to go to palliative care. I've heard many stories. I've been to the website which I thought was interesting http://palliativecareinaustralia.blogspot.com/ but I'd like to know which facilities are good in NSW
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Re: Palliative Care for my dad

Hi PS, These are the resources our help line staff use. www.caresearch.com.au www.palliativecarensw.org.au www.palliativecare.org.au Hopefully they can steer you in the right direction. You can also call the helpline if you have any further concerns. 13 11 20 I really hope you have a positive experience to share with us. emmag
0 Kudos
meljbau
Not applicable

My husband's mum has just started to use palliative care. We have all found it to be a very positive experience, however we are not in NSW so can't comment on services there. My mother in law has a nurse from the service come out each week, sometimes more depending on how she is going.
0 Kudos
linda64
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ps, We have had palliative care help since December when my husband, Tony, was told back in December 08 that his cancer was back, but heart-breakingly incurable this time. At times I dont know who we could have turned to for help at early hours of the morning, they are only a phone call away and nothing ever seems to be a bother. We are in Cessnock, NSW. We have contact with palliative care each week, either a home visit (if things havent been too good) or a phone call (if things are good). I'm so thankful to have this service and to know help is only a phone call away, at any time, if I'm worried about anything, no matter how big or small the problem is. I wish your dad and family the very best. take care Linda.
0 Kudos
grinzo59
Occasional Contributor

hi there, my husband was only home from hospital for 3 weeks before he died, the pallitive care nurses were just wonderful and i don't think i could of got through it without them, again you could call them 24/7 and so caring until my husband finally succumbed to this horrible disease love janene
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.