ShatteredI

kj
Super Contributor

ShatteredI

I met an old friend at the oncology clinic 2 days before xmas last year I asked what are you doing here she said i have just been told i have lung cancer but that it is cureable with radiation and a short dose of chemotherapy they started after xmas she had no problems with chemo ate like a horse after radiation she was admitted back to hospital with dehydration then in and out of hospital regularly we spoke on phone regularly to see how each other was going i was too sick from chemo to visit and i had continual colds so had to stay away 2 weeks ago her husband rang me and said she was in icu she couldnt breathe properly and passed away thursday evening I cant understand how they could say we can cure you and this happens family and friends heartbroken as i am also.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Re: ShatteredI

I feel for you, it is devastating to lose someone KJ. Expressing your feelings can be a comfort, you can do that here anytime. Knowing that others listen, and sharing experiences can be a relief in its self. Reindeer x
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Reindeer thanks for replying and youre kind thoughts it helps to get feelings out from inside knowing you can express them here with no judgement call made kj
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

So sorry. The doctor should not have made such a mistake. Maybe there was something else that they could not have foreseen.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.