Wife diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian/neck

scaredinoklahom
New Contributor

I am a newbie, first time posting. It took my slow brain and my slow computer a long time to get to this point. I do not know where to begin describing this horror, but, maybe someone can help me, and maybe I can help someone else. Right now I feel fear, anger, worry. We have good health care facilities (OU Medical Oklahoma city). But, we are told this is a high grade, aggressive type cancer. My wife Mary is still recovering from a complete hysterectomy. and trying to manage pain. She was suffering from a back and neck injury before this diagnosis, and her quality of life was not that great even then. Now it is even worse. I have a job, but her family is in Missouri, so I am her primary caregiver, and I cannot work full time anymore. I have never gone through anything like this with a loved one. And I love her more than anything else in my life. I am afraid I am going to lose her. It is hard to see her suffer. I know I must be strong for her, but that is not so easy.
2 REPLIES 2
bev
Frequent Contributor

I have sent you a message.   Stay strong. I am sure that you will benefit from joining this forum. I find: a problem shared is a problem halved.  
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Hi scaredinocklahoma,Thanks for sharing this with us. If try to put myself in your place and your nickname makes a lot of sense.I hope you are able to find it helpful to share your feelings here. Best wishes
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.