Wife has breast cancer

MikeB
Visitor

Wife has breast cancer

Hi

My wife has recently been diagnosed with an aggressive stage 2 breast cancer with lymph node involvement. She’s quite young at 34 and it’s all been a shock for the both of us. Am hoping people can share some tips for adjusting to the new norm of constant scans, appointments,  treatment, anxiety? Life was so simple until a month  ago and it’s now hard to see a way forward and it seems that moving forward even when treatment is over it’s not ever really over at all. 

1 REPLY 1
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wife has breast cancer

Greetings MikeB and Welcome to our forums,

I am sorry to hear about your wife truly, everyone here understands the pain that you are going through. It is easy to get overwhelmed with everything, especially if everything is heading at you, all at once. I find that writing all the information down, appointments or any questions might have in an diary, to be very helpful to you and help ease the stress a little bit of everyday life.

Plus remember to always reach out to people as it's important to remember your feelings as well. You always have friends here and please do keep us updated.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.