Very sad, not sure where to turn

Eleanne
New Contributor

Very sad, not sure where to turn

Hello, been a bad 24 hours. My dads cancer has returned (he battled stage 4 bowel cancer), and my sister (33) has been diagnosed with breast cancer on the same day. 

Not sure where to turn, so posting a message here just to share so I don’t feel so alone. Need to be strong for them, I feel so helpless. 

7 REPLIES 7
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Very sad, not sure where to turn

Hi Eleanne! That's a pretty name.

Welcome to our connective community! Have you guys contacted the  cancer council or centre link for advice?? And how are you??

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Eleanne,

Some days are like that. Some days you feel like just going back to bed and pretending that it's not happening.

You're not alone.

We're here and there are many people listening.

How are your dad and your sister going? How are they dealing with it?

-s

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Sending hugs @Eleanne ❤️

You're in good hands here with @sch and @iloveyoudearly7.

I've also just sent you an email with a few options that you might like to consider at this time.

-Kate

0 Kudos
Eleanne
New Contributor

Thank you for your kind reply. I am ok, difficult as I live in Aus, but family is NZ and with travel restrictions, it limits my ability to support them (and give them a hug!). Think the trans-Tasmin bubble will be up soon though so that is positive. I will contact the centre too for some advice, thank you for the suggestion. 

Hope are well also, thanks for taking the time to reach out xxxx

0 Kudos
Eleanne
New Contributor

Thank you @Katekat xx

Eleanne
New Contributor

Hi @sch, was definitely a back to bed day. Thank you for taking the time to reach out, really appreciate it. They (and we) are both still in shock but coming to terms with it and an action plan, chemo is starting in 3 weeks again for my dad, and shortly for my sister too. 

Hope all is well with you and if I can support you in anyway please reach out also. 

xx

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Eleanne,

Having a plan is a good thing. It might help you grasp what is going on and the way forward.

Knowing what you are aiming to achieve and how. It might help you feel more in control of the situation.

Do does your sister and your dad have surgery planned?

Or unknown at this stage?

-s

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.