deleted

outoflovetogive
Visitor

deleted

We broke up - I have deleted this text so she won't ever find it.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Wife84
Occasional Contributor

Re: I was about to break up with my girlfriend and I just found out she might have cancer

Hi

I am surprised and disappointed that no one has replied to you before with compassion and empathy. 

Having lived through a brain tumour and surgery myself I acknowledge that my behaviour was affected and I only processed the odds of a shortened life without facing certain death.  I had to acknowledge to myself and my family that my behaviour was hard on them.  I imagine the cancer has affected your partner's behaviour just as mine was affected and I am CERTAIN  that cancer and uncertainty and fear have affected my husband's emotional regulation...

BUT you are human too and I affirm and applaud your honesty,  your willingness to consider what is right and compassionate and most helpful.  I know the world needs more givers like you.  

I am sure you made your mistakes in the relationship but you still want to give what you can and setting boundaries is best for everyone involved.  

I have experienced already how easily people show compassion to the cancer sufferer but how much less support there is for their carers.  

I cheer you on with doing the best you can with what you know,  for forgiving yourself and your partner whatever comes next.  it is OK to be human.  

I can offer love and prayers 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.