overwhelmed

Gypsy1946
New Contributor

overwhelmed

Hi, this is a first post by me, my husband of 40 years has just been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, we are overwhelmed at the moment and have not had any real feedback of what this is or how it is going to be treated,he had an endoscopy on Tuesday and all they said then was that they had to abort as the tumor was covering three quarters of his eosphagus, they took several biopsies and come and see him(the surgeon) in a week for more results. Has anyone else had someone with this, as we just don't know what to do. Thanks for listening
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Lynne_M
Occasional Contributor

Re: overwhelmed

Hi Gypsy. In my partners and my experience and everyone elses that I know of it all comes to a waiting game. Im my case I was told one day and waited 2 weeks to hear from anyone again. I know it is really hard and if you are like me you want to know everything yesterday and you want treatment started now. Things will not change that much between now and when you see the surgeon again but once they get into it the doctors, nurses and everyone involved will be there for you. My Endocrinology doctor, nurse and I are in touch every few days to monitor what is happening and to see when my blood tests tell them they can go ahead with the Radio Active Iodine (RAI) Hang in there and stay positive, we are all here for you.
0 Kudos
Gypsy1946
New Contributor

Thanks for the kind words Lynne, so sorry to hear what you are going through,you know I never even thought much about cancer,sure I donated and brought the little bears on daffodil day, but not knowing anyone with Cancer did not really think about it,just thought poor things or is'nt that great they survived.Boy doesn't it hit hard. Did not have real good news today unfortunately will update my blog later when I can process, but thanks for thinking of us.
0 Kudos
Lynne_M
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gypsy. So sorry to hear you have bad news. Would give you a hug if I could. I hope you have plenty of support as we do. I have just recieved my letter from the hospital and Im booked in on the 3rd Nov to have Radiation Iodine Treatment ( RAI )then 2 days later I have a scan to see where we are at. Im know its all going to be ok. My grandkids think Im going to glow in the dark, ha,ha. Will talk soon.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.