2010 a long road ahead

julie190270
Occasional Contributor

Re: 2010 a long road ahead

Hiya peeps, just popped in because Alex asked me to ask if anyone could give him any tips regarding his hair,he shaved it off using the clippers and it was still bristly,now its looking really patchy where he is totally bald :(,what he wants to know is should he use a razor and shaving gel or a hair removing cream ?? Hope everyone is having a good week ,smiling whenever possible :)thinking of u all,take care Julie xx
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Julie I had a razor used on mine ... it was used in a device similar to clippers so no cream or anything was used. I would not use depilatory cream, that could cause some reaction and burn the skin. Probably use some cream thats not too heavily perfumed. Having an ok week here so far, thanks. 🙂 Hows your week starting out for you? Is Alex hanging in there as far as the nausea is concerned? hugsss Julie xo
0 Kudos
julie190270
Occasional Contributor

Thx for that Julie 🙂 Alex has seemed to be really good after his last chemo,but every four hours wether he needed it or not I have been giving him maxolon and I think that has helped,He wanted to go to work last night for a few hours but ended up coming home early and he looked shocking,head aches.back pain,nausea and he was quiet upset that his hair is still falling out even tho its only about a mm long ,hes also got the dark rings coming under his eyes,he has to have a bloodtest today before we see oncologist tomorrow and Im going to ask for him to have a ct scan ,just to make sure nothing nasty us happening after getting the pancreatitus. Glad to hear ur having a good week,Im 40 on the 19th so we spent yesterday trying to organize a little get together at the club,only thing is Alex has chemo the day before but if he is sick I will cancel it, well better get organized for work ,trying to get a few hours in today lolgood job my boss is very understanding ,I just wish centrelink was,Im on a single parent pension so have to work at least 15 hours a week which up until 22 dec I was doing and way more now Im lucky to be doing 20 a fortnight with drs appointments,chemo and hospital stays,now I have recieved a letter from them requesting a letter from Alexs dr stating how sick he is and how this will affect me from going to work ! they have even knocked me back for a carers payment of $100 a fortnight because they reckon he wont be sick for long enough !Im glad they know how long he will be sick for because no one else does,phew thats better now thats off my chest lol Anyway you all take care and thinking of you all Juliexx
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Julie Happy 40th n yayyyy you ... hope you have a fantastic day and fingers crossed that alex is ok for your b'day. Ahhhh dont get me started re centrelink. Yanno i am now to be assessed by them because they will not accept a doctors certificate any more. So, now i get a non medical person to assess me whether i am ready to work again or not. lol Kinda funny yet reality its pretty scary. I empathise with your problems with centrelink. Is it possible you can access a social worker and get some help that way?? It must be tough to try and deal with all of that on top of what is happening with alex. My mum applied for the carers pension also and we were told the same thing. At one stage i ws not allowed to be by myself at all and i was staying with her, plus she has power of attorney. Her name was down to access centrelink and pats (i hate that word ... lol) and neither of them were very helpful to an 82 year old trying to cope with her daughter having cancer and to do all the paperwork, plus look after my 21 year old. sorry to get on my soap box, its just processes such as we are discussing really irritate me and i consider most of the red tape totaly inappropriate and unnecessary. Just keep reaching out Julie and get help. Julie xo
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Hard to reply to everyone's comments. So many. Would like to just to wish everyone some encouragement, you are all so strong. Reading through people's stories, makes you appreciate your own experiences. Gee, I had stage 2 uterine cancer and lucky enough that I got through that ok, though there are a few issues now, not with the cancer itself but the after effects. They explain to you what can happen, but of course they couldn't cover everything. I will be offline for a few weeks, going into hospital today to have a right knee replacement tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Bev Good luck with your knee replacement. My mum had that done and was in less pain after the op than before and was up and walking within no time at all!!! hugsss Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.